LinkedIn Company Pages – Powerful marketing tool for Big and Small businesses
Yesterday I was updating my LinkedIn profile as few of the items needed some attention. All of a sudden my eyes got stuck on the advertisement on the right hand side of my home page that said – Build your showcase of Network-aware Professional Recommendations. Upon click I reached on LinkedIn’s Official Marketing Solution website . So I collected the information available here and on LinkedIn’s official Blog and below are the details –
FOUR Tabs on Company Pages
- Overview Tab
- Product and Services Tab
- Analytics Tab
- Careers Tab
As per the Official blog post the few very clear take aways both for professionals and the Companies ( Small and big sizes ).
- Making intelligent recommendations helps define professional’s persona as an influencer and helps the professional build credibility with potential employers, partners and colleagues.
- Professionals play a critical role in helping other professionals and peers cut through the clutter in making time-sensitive decisions about key purchases.
For Small and large Companies
- Showcase recommendations from their customers and helps building brand virally and credibly on LinkedIn.
- Analytics will enable Page admins to accumulate much needed data for various kinds of decision making
- Careers tab will enable companies to attract right kind of human resources and possibly this will bring down the head hunting costs.
SO THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE WILL BE SHOWCASE OF PRODUCT AND SERVICES AND RECOMMENDATIONS ATTACHED WITH THE SAME.
LinkedIn claims that some 40 companies started their pages on the day of launch on November 1, 2010 . You can find the companies and their respective Company pages by searching from here. If you want to browse the Industry then you can do it from here. And you want to add a company on LinkedIn then here is the link for you.
NOTE : These pages are not visible on internet outside LinkedIn in complete form. The snapshot below of Dell’s page will show the sign in or sign up message if someone wants to access the company pages on linked.
Since this is a new development at LinkedIn, do share your thoughts and Ideas in the comment section on how we can leverage these new features for marketing our respective businesses.